In the HD 650, audiophiles will experience truly unique natural sound. With sound this good, long concerts in the comfort of your home are a certainty, so the HD 650 also sets standards in comfort and convenience. The HD 650 is a genuine masterpiece, which will satisfy even the most demanding listener. HD 650 – the Reference Class..
- Top-of-the-range open, dynamic hi-fi stereo headphones
- Systems with narrow tolerances (± 1 dB), hand-picked in pairs
- High-quality titanium/silver finish
- Specially developed acoustic silk for precise, uniform attenuation over the entire area
- Specially modulated connecting cable (detachable) made from highly conductive OFC copper, with very low handling noise, i.e. low structure-borne sound sensitivity
- Extremely lightweight aluminium voice coils ensure excellent transient response
- Exceptionally comfortable to wear due to elliptical design adapted to the shape of the ears
- Can be directly connected to stationary hi-fi components of the highest quality, in particular SACD, DVD-A and CD players
- Built-tough with a 2 YEAR warranty
Following the tradition of Elemental Amps, Sherlock is designed for a no-compromise performance at a very affordable price. During the design process, we took further steps to make Sherlock modular and expandable, from a stereo amp to a fully balanced amplifier. We are pleased that we succeeded in producing the Sherlock with unprecedented driving capability and musicality at a very cost-effective price point.
To reach this goal, we trimmed all the unnecessary features and cosmetics. We then focused on Sherlock’s core competence - the amplification. The kernel of Sherlock is a class-A tube gain stage that dominates the sound quality with the tube's unique signature. This is followed by a single-ended class-A MOSFET power stage to provide plenty of current for demanding headphones.
Sherlock’s uniqueness is the added bridged circuits ahead of the main amp. These circuits when activated converts input signals into balanced (positive plus negative polarities) format and feeds to the left and right channels. This special design feature turns a tandem pair of Sherlock into a truly stereo balanced amplifier.
Sherlock is the first bridgeable headphone amplifier and audiophiles can enjoy the single chassis first and subsequently upgrade to double chassis for balanced performance. The audiophile with its numerous headphone collection will find Sherlock to be a timeless investment.
Sennheiser HD 650 Specifications
Wearing style: Headband
Frequency response (Headphones): 10 - 41000 Hz THD,
Total harmonic distortion: < 0,05 %
Contact pressure: 6.0 N ± 1 N
Jack plug: 6,35 mm stereo jack plug
Cable length: 3 m
Transducer principle: dynamic,
Open Weight w/o cable: 260 g
Nominal impedance: 300 Ω
Elemental Sherlock Specifications
Frequency Response 5Hz – 50 kHz (-3dB)
Output power 1000 mW + 1000 mW (60 ohm)
Headphone impedance 16 ohm – 600 ohm
Max. Input Voltage 2V (RMS)
Inputs 1 pair RCA Outputs 1 x 1/4” TRS
Power supply 30V/0.8A power adaptor
Dimensions 16 x 14 x 4.5 cm
Net weight 850 g
- Sennheiser HD 650
Audio Cable x 1
6.3mm to 3.5mm Adapter x 1
Elemental Sherlock x 1
Power Supply x 1